Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Lasantha Ranaweera <la...@opensource.lk> on 2006/09/22 15:52:00 UTC

Web Service Sample Application

Hi All,

I saw there is an empty sample application under web services section in
Geronimo user guide. Does anybody working on that? I would like to
contribute on that.

Thanks,
Lasantha Ranaweera

Re: Web Service Sample Application

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
I know that the way we have it today for tracking progress in the doc is far from optimal but JIRAs may not be the easiest way either.

If we use JIRA for the doc, this is what I think the author should do:

- create a JIRA for documentation
  - JIRA summary should match cwiki page title
  - what priority should be used?
  - specify affected releases
  - assign the issue to itself
  - add a link in the JIRA to the cwiki HTML page
  - non English versions of the doc should also contain a link to the original doc (dependency?)
- add a link to JIRA from the cwiki documentation page
- develop the actual documentation content and necessary samples
- no further status update/changes on the JIRA would be necessary while the content is developed in cwiki
- close the JIRA once the document is finished

hmmm, on second thought, this may not bee too hard to deal with as long as we keep the main focus in the doc and not in maintaining those doc JIRAs.

Let's give it a try for the remaining of the v1.1 and v1.1.1 doc, if it works we could go full steam ahead for the next G release.

Comments?

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: Web Service Sample Application

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Daytrader has a ws app client that I turned on in daytrader trunk and
works for me in geronimo trunk.  This might be more complicated than
you want for a demo but might be useful to look at.  The plan I use
to deploy is in one of the daytrader jira issues -- I think I called
it d-j-plan (for daytrader-jetty, not my initials :-) but it works
for me on both tomcat and jetty g. servers.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Dave Colasurdo <da...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Dave Colasurdo <da...@earthlink.net>.

CMP EJB without primary key

Posted by Mattias Malmgren <ma...@freefarm.se>.
Hi

This is perhaps out of topic, but I have a question about CMP and EJB and
there seams to be some very experiensed EJB-programmers rading this list.
Reading Suns j2ee tutorial it says that an EJB must have a primary key. I
wonder if it is possible to have a EBJ that only have a foreign key. Eg a
weight watchers system with person and weights att diffrent dates:

SQL:
create table person (id int primary key, name varchar(20))
create table weight(fk_person foreign key, date varchar(8), weight numeric)

Say that I have 2 entity EJBs, PersonEJB and WeightBean. The relationship
is 1-n. Must the weight table also include a primary key to make CMP work,
even though a primary key in this table from a SQL-point of view is
unnessesary?

Best regards // Mattias
PS
I am proud to announce that I have got my first test case of a JSP page
calling an EJB to work!
DS