Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Reilly, Jim" <jr...@globalspec.com> on 2002/08/28 20:26:59 UTC

VSS and FailOnError (Question/Request)

1) Does anyone have or know where I could get the a task for: Microsoft
Visual SourceSafe Tasks (in Optional), that would in essence do a VSS Search
on Status on a given Project and subs?
(If not, could this be added as a requirement for the next release of Ant?)
I would just like to report, say to a warning file, a list of files
currently checked out at the time of a build: vss-getlatestversion, compile,
jar, buildnumber, and vss-label.

2) Just a request for the next release of Ant: Could all "File Tasks" have
the attribute "failonerror" like <delete> does. For example: <move> is
missing it.

Tkx,
James M. Reilly
GlobalSpec
350 Jordan Road
Troy, NY 12180
Tel:  518.880.0200 x318
Fax: 518.880.0250

Re: VSS and FailOnError (Question/Request)

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> 1) Does anyone have or know where I could get the a task for: Microsoft
> Visual SourceSafe Tasks (in Optional), that would in essence do a VSS
> on Status on a given Project and subs?

if it aint in ant1.5, it aint thhre yet

> (If not, could this be added as a requirement for the next release of
Ant?)

well, the way open source project work is you are expected to implement your
own requirements, that being the likeliest way of them getting done. Its not
like there is a vast bunch of professional developers living off the revenue
that ant sales bring in :)

> I would just like to report, say to a warning file, a list of files
> currently checked out at the time of a build: vss-getlatestversion,
compile,
> jar, buildnumber, and vss-label.

sounds like a good programming exercise. dont forget the unit tests.

> 2) Just a request for the next release of Ant: Could all "File Tasks" have
> the attribute "failonerror" like <delete> does. For example: <move> is
> missing it.

There is a try/catch combo on ant-contrib.sf.net that is more likelier to
make an appearance, though a patch for move will be welcomed (Again, with a
unit test).