Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ecker Severin <Se...@arcs.ac.at> on 2006/12/21 10:03:24 UTC

Axis2, and abstract schema types

Hi,

I'm having a weird problem with axis2 and a schema that defines abstract
data types.

Basically I'm (have to) using XMLBeans to generate sources for my schema
which I then used for writing a service and a client.

The problem is now as follows:
In the server part I put together an object tree with the
XMLBeans-objects (of course using non abstract types). When I run the
unit tests and check the produced XML output all is fine meaning that
there is a xsi:type attribute in the element of the abstract type,
specifying the correct concrete type that has been used.

But: when I moved the service into tomcat (or just use the axis2
standalone version) this xsi:type attribute is missing.

Did I miss any special axis2 configuration that's enabled in the
standalone version or something like that? Or does the stanalone version
maybe use a different stax-parser...?

Xml-Schema:

<xs:element name="root"/>
<xs:complexType>
  <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element name="el" type="elType"/>
  </xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>

<xs:complexType name="elType" abstract="true"/>

<xs:complexType name="nonAbsEl">
  <xs:complexContent>
    <xs:extension base="elType">
      <xs:sequence>
        <xs:element name="inner" type="xs:string"/>
      </xs:sequence>
    </xs:extension>
  </xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>

XML produced in unit tests (for the setup using the XMLBeans generated
objects):

<root>
  <el xsi:type="nonAbsEl">
    <inner>asdf</inner>
  </el>
</root>

XML produced in standalone axis2/tomcat:

<root>
  <el>
    <inner>asdf</inner>
  </el>