Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Sebi <se...@web.de> on 2010/02/25 15:20:45 UTC

Support of german locale

Hi,

I am new at "ofbiz" and evaluating the framework.

I wonder if it is possible for users to type in a german date-format. It
still looks like this:

http://n4.nabble.com/file/n1569053/Birthdate.png

I surely changed the preferences to locale "de_DE" - I also started the
ofBiz-server under a german locale.

The (label-)output of date/times is often not formattet:

http://n4.nabble.com/file/n1569053/updated.png

what can be done by

    ${partyContactMech.fromDate?date?string.short}

insted of

    ${partyContactMech.fromDate}

But I found no way to manage dates in inputfields in a similar way.

Thank you for your help, I hope my english is ok so far... :-)
Sebi

Re: Support of german locale

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.
When I first got involved in internationalizing OFBiz I suggested that date/time values be displayed/entered in the format selected by the user. That suggestion was rejected - it was decided that date/time values should be entered in a uniform way - regardless of locale. Now we have users questioning this approach.

Should we consider a change?

-Adrian

Re: Support of german locale

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.