Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bill Angus <md...@psychtest.com> on 2006/05/09 22:02:45 UTC

[users@httpd] beginner Question about building.

Does anyone know where the best instructions are for setting up a build of the most recent 2.2 distro of Apache, mod_perl, and other modules on a windows environment?

e.g. I found that the instructions on apache.org refer to cvs -- but the development group is using subversion. I got the subversion package and used it to download the most recent file-set -- but it seems like a couple of other things need to be installed and configured before a useful build will result.

Thanks and have a great day!

Bill Angus, MA
http://www.psychtest.com

Posted by hunter <th...@gmail.com>.
On 5/9/06, Bill Angus <md...@psychtest.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know where the best instructions are for setting up a build of
> the most recent 2.2 distro of Apache, mod_perl, and other modules on a
> windows environment?
>
> e.g. I found that the instructions on apache.org refer to cvs -- but the
> development group is using subversion. I got the subversion package and used
> it to download the most recent file-set -- but it seems like a couple of
> other things need to be installed and configured before a useful build will
> result.
>
> Thanks and have a great day!
>
> Bill Angus, MA
> http://www.psychtest.com

Bill,

I am going to assume you mean build for Windows because of you
previous questions.

For Apache 2.2.2 you need to build with Microsoft Visual Studio 7.
Keeping this in mind follow the instructionat apache.org

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/win_compiling.html

or use my instructions for Apache 2.0.x found in the Apache User List archives

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=106877187709592&w=2

Chris Lewis