Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by John Lennard <jo...@gravitate.co.nz> on 2011/04/25 14:52:23 UTC

JNA C library errors on OSX

Hi,

I am currently testing the current 0.8 beta on my OSX development machine and when cassandra is starting up i am seeing errors from the JNA code as below.

john@balorama bin $ sudo -u cassandra ./cassandra -f
Password:
 INFO 00:04:18,013 Logging initialized
 INFO 00:04:18,027 Heap size: 2126512128/2126512128
 INFO 00:04:18,078 Unable to link C library. Native methods will be disabled.

From here Cassandra continues to run, however, without native method support.

I have tested running Cassandra as root, the logged in user and the cassandra user along with the most recent JNA and a version compiled from trunk. I have also tried running cassandra with out any of the start up scripts and still the same error, simple tests where by i have removed the CLibrary class and code that causes the fault seem to allow the c library to be linked.

I am about to build a version from source to add in some stack traces where the error is handled but was wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Thanks
John

Re: JNA C library errors on OSX

Posted by John Lennard <jo...@gravitate.co.nz>.
Thanks for that.

If it is a known issue I will leave it be as everything is working fine without it. Have no intention of deploying on OSX, was more that seeing the error puzzled me some what.

Cheers
John

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.