Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by jo...@bt.com on 2015/04/28 11:18:11 UTC

Debugging Stanbol with an IDE

Hello all,

I have started coding an enhancer for counting n-grams. I am using InteliJ to code, and the maven nbactions.xml to deploy to my local Stanbol server.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for connecting an IDE debugger to the running enhancer code on the server?

John Crowther
Graduate Researcher
Security Futures Practice | Research and Innovation | BT TSO

RE: Debugging Stanbol with an IDE

Posted by jo...@bt.com.
Hi Antonio,
Thanks for answering my question.
I found a debug flag example in the launcher readme.
I needed to add:
-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n
When starting the server.

Regards,

John Crowther

Re: Debugging Stanbol with an IDE

Posted by Antonio David Perez Morales <ap...@zaizi.com>.
Hi John

You should start Stanbol with remote debug support enabled (in a specific
port) and then run the project in debug mode through Intellij pointing to
that Stanbol instance.

Regards

--

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this

Zaizi Ltd is registered in England and Wales with the registration number
6440931. The Registered Office is Brook House, 229 Shepherds Bush Road,
London W6 7AN.