Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/29 17:45:07 UTC

Fwd: ApacheCon Europe 2016: Talk accepted!

Hi all

Just for info. We will also be part of apachecon europe. Who wants to join
me?

J Anatole
Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Anatole/all,

Congratulations. Great to hear. Despite one or the other "non-believer"
(who even doubts, the live demos at JavaOne were real or Tamaya working;-|)
the Apache Foundation seems interested in Tamaya. Puts it in a good
position for as much "inspiration" or more to an upcoming Config JSR.

I was invited to talk at Java2Days which is the same week (14-17) so it
depends, what comes of my Big Data proposal. They turned down the Pluto 3
one (less shocking or surprising, the market for Enterprise Portals may
simply lose to other cheaper or lightweight alternative as to some extent
does all of Java) so I have no talk at ApacheCon Core. If I had none at Big
Data either, and adding co-speakers (who get a pass) was still possible, I
would consider it. If I have a talk at Big Data, that would be 2 or 3
including Java2Days, so it might be too hectic and painful for my clients.

The good thing is, among the Java EE topics I suggested Config/Tamaya have
a good chance for Java2Days as well (especially because its co-located with
Cloud2Days) so either way there could be 2 Tamaya talks that week.

Regards,
Werner

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.