Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com> on 2013/02/21 18:44:14 UTC

status of 0.8?

Just wanted to inquire as to the status 0.8 being released to beta.

I have several use cases now that would like to take advantage of the new
features in 0.8, and I'm not sure if it makes sense to keep waiting for an
actual release, before attempting to use the latest HEAD version in
staging/production environments.

How stable is the 0.8 branch at this point?  What is the schedule for a
formal release?  When will there at least be a link to 0.8 documentation,
where to download it, on the main apache kafka site?

Thanks,

Jason

Re: status of 0.8?

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.
0.8 branch will be the 0.8 release grabbing HEAD would be 0.8.X or 0.9
changes that don't go in the 0.8 release

you should be able to set replication factor = 0

--

/*
Joe Stein

Re: status of 0.8?