Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Christofer.Dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2008/08/14 00:35:28 UTC

JavaFlow in Cocoon 2.2

Hi,

I am currently trying to get JavaFlow up and running in Cocoon 2.2
unfortunately it seems to be impossible for me to get that block.

All I get is:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:

----------

1) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-javaflow-impl:jar:1.0.0

  Then, install it using the command:

      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.cocoon
-DartifactId=cocoon-javaflow-impl -Dversion=1.0.0 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

there:

      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.cocoon
-DartifactId=cocoon-javaflow-impl -Dversion=1.0.0 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:

        1) com.mycompany:myBlock1:jar:1.0.0

        2) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-javaflow-impl:jar:1.0.0

----------

Well I thought this was an ordinary part of cocoon 2.2 … when having a look
at the c2.2 trunk I can see it there.

What maven-magic spell gets me JavaFlow, or do I have to kill some nasty
bug-deamons to get that upgrade first?

I have to admit that I am extremely familiar with C2.1 but feel like
starting from the scratch with c2.2 … so any help is appreciated.

Chris

[ C h r i s t o f e r  D u t z ]

C-Ware IT-Service
Inhaber
Dipl. Inf. Christofer Dutz
Karlstraße. 104, 64285 Darmstadt

fon:  0 61 51 / 27315 - 61
fax:  0 61 51 / 27315 - 64
mobil:  0171 / 7 444 2 33
email:   <ma...@c-ware.de> christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
 <http://www.c-ware.de/> http://www.c-ware.de

FA Darmstadt: 07 813 60581

Re: AW: AW: JavaFlow in Cocoon 2.2

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Chris

That's what you get for living on the bleeding edge :)

Seriously, though, I appreciate all the work the early adopters are
doing to put 2.2 through its paces.  However, I have not really seen
anything yet that makes me want to rush out and try it.

Derek

Footnote:  As this is the Internet and my message may be recorded
for posterity, I will add that I may end up eating these words in the
not-too-distant future!

>>> On 2008/08/14 at 04:05, in message
<00...@c-ware.de>, "Christofer Dutz"
<ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:
Hi Torsten,

after having another close look at my cocoon 2.2 trunk build, I could
see,
that the build of "allBlocks" was successful, but the javaFlow block
was not
build because of the missing dependency you were talking about. I think
it's
really great, that we have to use Maven to get rid of dependency
problems
... Looking forward to Maven3 ;-)

Do I really have to build Commons myself now? ... I have to admit that
the
struggle of getting C2.2 to work is sort of really pissing me off. I
think
this even higher initial learning curve will keep more and more users
from
using Cocoon. Instead of getting easier it's getting more and more
complicated :-( ... I want my Ant build back! ;-)

Chris

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Torsten ;-)

I know I've tried to get working on this several times, but was killed by
"real-life" project demands. What exactly has to be done in order to release
JavaFlow? I know I am currently also working on the client-side validation
thing, but maybe I can help a little. Since all of my work is currently
based upon JavaFlow.

Chris

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

--