Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Austin Bennett <au...@apache.org> on 2022/11/06 22:42:16 UTC

Voting Counting Procedure - need counted votes be on vote thread?

Hi Incubator,

Looking for guidance on Voting - and I do mean more general than just for
incubating projects.  I do see:
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

I wonder about how to count votes.  Specifically, must they occur on the
Vote thread?  Can someone cast their vote on another mailing list or
another [ ? related ? ] thread?

My inclination is that a Vote needs to occur on the common Vote thread, for
cleanliness and ease of people tracking throughout the vote.  But I don't
see definitive guidelines from the documentation which I have looked at. I
imagine there are at least conventions if not more spelled out
documentation/guidelines?

Please advise,
Thanks,
Austin

Re: Voting Counting Procedure - need counted votes be on vote thread?

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 8:40 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> Only the vote on the [VOTE] thread should count, as a best practice.

Hello world :-) I would like to vote for NuttX Graduation.. I was not
member of the general@incubator group when the vote message showed up
so I cannot really reply directly to that message.. and reply over a
web interface requires @apache.org account. What I did was to
subscribe to the group and reply to a response in a thread, would that
count?

I am not a member of any committee. Also I do not (yet) have account
in @apache.org domain. What would be the best way to vote in that
case? Would my vote count?

How could I obtain account in @apache.org domain in order to
participate in NuttX related activities in the Apache workspace?

Any hints appreciated :-)
Tomek CEDRO

Re: Voting Counting Procedure - need counted votes be on vote thread?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Austin,

Only the vote on the [VOTE] thread should count, as a best practice.

Regards
JB