Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/23 13:33:12 UTC

JMeter DOAP has been dropped again

The projects.a.o website current expects to find the DOAP at

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site/doap_JMeter.rdf

I will change it to

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/doap/doap_JMeter.rdf

which is the original source.

The rationale for using a URL that points to a file on the website is
that website URLs (at least at the top level) don't change, and anyway
redirects can be used if a change is really needed. Whereas code repo
URLs do tend to change.

Now that only helps if the URL actually points to the website - i.e.
http://jmeter.apache.org/doap_JMeter.rdf - rather than to the code
repo used to create the website.

However I don't see the point in using
http://jmeter.apache.org/doap_JMeter.rdf as it is proving difficult to
ensure that the DOAP is present following site updates.

Obviously this means that the projects.a.o data file will need to be
updated if the JMeter code repo is moved, but that should occur much
less frequently than site updates.

Re: JMeter DOAP has been dropped again

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
This is my fault, yesterday I played two times with the svnmucc file to
update the website. The last time, I removed the lines about the doap
file in the svnmucc file, and so I have remove the site directory and I
don't (re-)copied the doap file...

The bad svnmucc file :
====
rm
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site

cp
HEAD
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/branches/docs-3.2/docs
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
====

The good svnmucc file with the copy of doap file:
==
rm
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site

cp
HEAD
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/branches/docs-3.2/docs
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site

cp HEAD
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/doap/doap_JMeter.rdf
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site/doap_JMeter.rdf
==

I have just fixed the issue.

PS. For record, the svnmucc file to update the website are here:
https://wiki.apache.org/jmeter/ReleaseCreation (section Update JMeter site)