Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by iwannaplay games <fu...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/23 07:58:35 UTC

Log files occupy lot of Disk size

Hi,

Everytime i query hbase or hive ,there is a significant growth in my
log files and it consumes lot of space from my hard disk....(Approx 40
gb)
So i stop the cluster ,delete all the logs and free the space and then
again start the cluster to start my work.

Is there any other solution coz i cannot restart the cluster everyday.

Log files occupy lot of Disk size

Re: Log files occupy lot of Disk size

Posted by yonghu <yo...@gmail.com>.
I think you can set setWriteToWAL() method to false to reduce the
amount of log infor. But you may get risks when your cluster is down.

regards!
yong

Posted by "Kartashov, Andy" <An...@mpac.ca>.
Every so often I simply wipe out the whole directory content:

/var/log/hadoop-hdfs/*
/var/log/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce/*

I also clean /home/mapred/local/* and /tmp

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
When you run a hive query it internally runs lot of map reduce tasks, which
intern generates lot of temporary files, so your disk uses grows, so can
you tell which folder is taking most of the spaces?

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.