Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ju...@mro.com on 2004/06/17 18:07:00 UTC

WS-I Test on doc/literal Web Service

This is not a question on Axis, but rather a problem that I'm facing while
running the WS-I test tool on my doc/literal Web Services. I have
doc/literal Web Services with some operations whose return type is void.
The WSDL looks like:

      <message name="Request">
            <part name="input" element="......"/>
      </message>
      <message name="Response"/>

      <portType name="....">
            <operation name=".....">
                  <input message="mxws:Request"/>
                  <output message="mxws:Response"/>
            </operation>
      </portType>

The output message in the WSDL has no parts. I believe this is the correct
way (as per WS-I) of defining operations whose input and/or output is void.
The SOAP response on the wire has an empty SOAP body, which also seems
correct:

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <soapenv:Envelope
  <soapenv:Body/>
 </soapenv:Envelope>

The WS-I Analyzer however reports the following error:

Assertion: WSI1013
Result: Failed

 Failue Message: The content of the response message did not match the
 wsdl:message definition. The order of parts in soap:body does not match
 the order of wsdl:partS in wsdl:message, or it has a doc-lit binding but
 the child element of soap:body is not an instance of the global element
 declaration referenced by the corresponding wsdl:part, or it has an
 rpc-lit binding but no wrapper element.

Is this a valid error or a bug in the WS-I testing tool that needs to be
reported? Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Junaid

RE: WS-I Test on doc/literal Web Service

Posted by Ju...@mro.com.

Yes that's what I thought too. I will report this as a bug.

Thanks,
Junaid

             "Anne Thomas
             Manes"
             <an...@manes.net>                                           To
                                       <ax...@ws.apache.org>
             06/17/2004 08:52                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: WS-I Test on doc/literal Web
             Please respond to         Service
             axis-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

Your WSDL looks correct.
Mind you, the error message makes sense. You do have a doc-lit binding, but
"the child element of soap:body is not an instance of the global element
declaration referenced by the corresponding wsdl:part"

But I suspect that the analyzer tool is not properly recognizing that you
have no parts.

I suggest you report this as a bug.

Anne

Posted by Jim Murphy <jm...@mindreef.com>.