Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Josh Bernstein <jo...@engr.arizona.edu> on 2002/10/15 22:29:40 UTC

SafeCWD Status

Whats the staus of the cwd and SafeThread? Will it work with a threaded
MPM in Apache 2 yet and safely change to the working directory of the
perl script (safecwd).

-Joshua Bernstein
Systems Administrator
University of Arizona

Re: SafeCWD Status

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Josh Bernstein wrote:
> Whats the staus of the cwd and SafeThread? Will it work with a threaded
> MPM in Apache 2 yet and safely change to the working directory of the
> perl script (safecwd).

Arthur Bergman has started ex::threads::safecwd, but I'm not sure in
what state the development of this module is. I remember he was asking
for somebody to take over it, since he had too many p5p things to do.
You can see the logic of this module in this article, second page:
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/06/11/threads.html?page=2
If you have the tuits to finishing it up, feel free to contact Arthur
and offer help.

As for SafeThread I haven't heard of this module in the perl land.