Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Boniakowski,Jeb" <JB...@nntllc.com> on 2000/08/10 17:21:15 UTC

design issues when using xerces

Sorry, I know this is not the right list for this, but I also know you are
probably the people to ask and I've looked around for this info in other
places.

Does anyone have any good pointers for info on how to design an application
to use a SAX parser effectively (in Java)?  I'm using xerces in my
application, and my design is...fairly nasty.  I've looked around
everywhere, but every example with SAX is like, "Here's how you print out
all the tags" or something similar.

I want to see some examples of data-binding and stuff, and stuff where the
processing is vastly different based on the root element.

Sorry for the noise, but I don't know where else to go.

jeb.

ps- If this message comes to you as HTML, I apologize.  Right now, It says
"Plain Text" in the title bar and "Plain Text" is checked off on the format
menu of Outlook.  For some reason, all my mails end up being HTML anyway.