Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by Zhao Chun <zh...@apache.org> on 2019/11/28 01:52:30 UTC

[DISCUSS] Change default storage mode from AGGREGATE to DUPLICATE

Hi all

Currently, Doris will create table as AGGREGATE type if user don't specify
table's storage model. This default behavior will bring some confusion to
new user of Doris who is familiar with relational database and is not very
familiar with Doris storage model. For example, user load two same rows
into Doris, if the storage model is AGGREGATE Doris will merge these two
rows in one. Besides this, AGGREGATE model has bad performance than
duplicate model when user's query pattern don't match.

So, I propose changing the default storage model from AGGREGATE to
DUPLICATE.

Thanks,
Zhao Chun

Re:[DISCUSS] Change default storage mode from AGGREGATE to DUPLICATE

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
+1

Aggregate storage model does cause trouble for new users.

--
此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email: