Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/21 10:17:10 UTC

next version?

Hi

we are still in x.6.0-SNAPSHOT on trunk

what do we decide for "+1" version? x.6.1-SNAPSHOT or 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
or 5.0.0-SNAPSHOT or sthg else?

first is the "logical" one but means we still target JavaEE6,
2.0.0 is good for tomee but as said in another thread I'd like to
align openejb and tomee
5.0.0 comes from this last point

I propose to keep this thread up a bit if there is discussion and then
maybe throw a vote.

wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Re: next version?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+0

Re: next version?

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.
+1 to David's suggestion.

May I suggest that you guys post a tentative release schedule, like Apache
Kafka folks recently did here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Future+release+plan

Thanks,
Alex.

Re: next version?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: next version?

Posted by Matej <gm...@gmail.com>.
Hello All.

Comming from Glassfish backgound I also find OpenEJB -TomEE versioning
confusing. So making the vesions equal sound good to me. Mergin version
numbers with Java EE is probably not necessary as no other Java AS doest
this I think.

I would even rename it, like TomEE-OpenEjB or something.:) As most uses
migrating fom Jboss and especially  now GF will maybe get a litlle
confused. Or maybe I don't understand it clearly.

Romain +1

BR
MAtej

Re: next version?