Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Phil Gregory <ph...@pobox.com> on 2002/12/08 18:27:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Issues with mod_proxy altering URLs.

I need some help in getting mod_proxy to work the way I want it to.

I am using ProxyPass to remap part of my main webserver's webspace to
another, internal server.  For the most part, that works.  The proxying
Apache keeps altering my URLs before passing them on.  Specifically, it is
unescaping characters in % HEX HEX escape encoding.

My main problem is that I have a CGI for which plus signs can sometimes be
valid data.  In those cases, it escapes the plus signs to "%2B" so they
won't be interpreted as spaces.  Apache is undoing that escaping and
breaking the CGI.

Annoyingly enough, the decoding appears to be recursive, as both "%2B" and
"%252B" get turned into "+".

I'm seeing this problem in both Apache 1.3.26 (specifically, Debian's
1.3.26-0woody3) and 2.0.43 (specifically, Debian's 2.0.43-1).  It also
manifests regardless of whether I use

ProxyPass /lurker/ http://aragorn/lurker/

or

RewriteRule ^/lurker/(.*)$ http://aragorn/lurker/$1 [P]

Is this problem known/fixable?  Or should I just file a bug about it?

--
phil_g@pobox.com / phil! / DNRC / http://www.aperiodic.net/phil/
PGP:  ID: D8C75CF5  print: 0A7D B3AD 2D10 1099  7649 AB64 04C2 05A6