Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com> on 2010/03/01 09:16:48 UTC

Re: Imap: UID EXPUNGE not supported

Hi Manolo,

could you open a jira issue for this in the imap project ?

Thx,
Norman

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
BTW,

could you post the full stacktrace so we see where in HUPA it get thrown ?

Thx,
Norman

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 7:02 AM, Manuel Carrasco Moñino
<ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 6:55 AM, Norman Maurer

<snip>

>> 2010/3/2 Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@apache.org>:
>>> Norman, I've removed the piece of code where Hupa was using the 'uid
>>> expunge' command in the class InImapUserPreferencesStorage. It is also
>>> used in DeleteMessageByUidHandler, but here the exception is caught to
>>> use the standard way.
>>>
>>> Robert, thanks for the information, I agree with you about UIDPLUS
>>> should be implemented in the future.
>>
>> Be careful, or you will need to volunteer for it =P
>
> Yeah, you are right, perhaps when I knew a bit more about imap stuff I
> could do it, but right now I can not address the issue.

UIDPLUS would be an excellent way for anyone to start playing with
IMAP. IIRC the backend already supports these features and it should
be possible just to assemble the codec from the existing components.
writing the protocol handler is then just a case of unpacking the
incoming message object, calling the backend API and then creating a
suitable outgoing message.

- robert

Re: Imap: UID EXPUNGE not supported

Posted by Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@apache.org>.
<no...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> BTW,
>
> maybe it worth to open a bug report for javamail ?

I'm not sure it is a bug in javamail or is a wrong use of it, I'll
take a look to javamail code.

> 2010/3/2 Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@apache.org>:
>> Norman, I've removed the piece of code where Hupa was using the 'uid
>> expunge' command in the class InImapUserPreferencesStorage. It is also
>> used in DeleteMessageByUidHandler, but here the exception is caught to
>> use the standard way.
>>
>> Robert, thanks for the information, I agree with you about UIDPLUS
>> should be implemented in the future.
>
> Be careful, or you will need to volunteer for it =P

Yeah, you are right, perhaps when I knew a bit more about imap stuff I
could do it, but right now I can not address the issue.

Cheers
Manolo

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
BTW,

maybe it worth to open a bug report for javamail ?

2010/3/2 Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@apache.org>:
> Norman, I've removed the piece of code where Hupa was using the 'uid
> expunge' command in the class InImapUserPreferencesStorage. It is also
> used in DeleteMessageByUidHandler, but here the exception is caught to
> use the standard way.
>
> Robert, thanks for the information, I agree with you about UIDPLUS
> should be implemented in the future.

Be careful, or you will need to volunteer for it =P

> Manolo

Bye,
Norman

Re: Imap: UID EXPUNGE not supported

Posted by Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@apache.org>.
Norman, I've removed the piece of code where Hupa was using the 'uid
expunge' command in the class InImapUserPreferencesStorage. It is also
used in DeleteMessageByUidHandler, but here the exception is caught to
use the standard way.

Robert, thanks for the information, I agree with you about UIDPLUS
should be implemented in the future.

Manolo

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.