Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eric Douglas <ed...@blockhouse.com> on 2010/08/20 20:42:38 UTC

Java Console error

My workaround is to ignore this since my results still appear correct
and users don't see this but what does this mean?  This message is
showing up in my Java console, using the fop 0.95, when I send the
output to the org.apache.fop.render.awt.viewer.PreviewPanel with
embedded code running in webstart.
(I can't use fop 1.0 because it had a problem which actually did affect
the appearance of the output)

org.apache.fop.fonts.FontCache loadFrom
WARNING: I/O exception while reading font cache
(org.apache.fop.fonts.FontCache; local class incompatible: stream
classdesc serialVersionUID = 605232520271754719, local class
serialVersionUID = 605232520271754718). Discarding font cache file.

Re: Java Console error

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
FOP uses Java object serialization for the font cache. And the
serialVersionUID can change when the layout of that file changes (from
FOP version to FOP version) in which case FOP cannot read the font cache
file. It then just builds a new one. You're absolutely safe to ignore
that warning.

On 20.08.2010 20:42:38 Eric Douglas wrote:
> My workaround is to ignore this since my results still appear correct
> and users don't see this but what does this mean?  This message is
> showing up in my Java console, using the fop 0.95, when I send the
> output to the org.apache.fop.render.awt.viewer.PreviewPanel with
> embedded code running in webstart.
> (I can't use fop 1.0 because it had a problem which actually did affect
> the appearance of the output)
>
> org.apache.fop.fonts.FontCache loadFrom
> WARNING: I/O exception while reading font cache
> (org.apache.fop.fonts.FontCache; local class incompatible: stream
> classdesc serialVersionUID = 605232520271754719, local class
> serialVersionUID = 605232520271754718). Discarding font cache file.

Jeremias Maerki