Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com> on 2016/07/05 14:49:24 UTC

New skin fleece

Hi all,

I have started work on the bootstrap based skin I mentioned on the list quite some while ago. Up until now it has only been in use for two sites our group maintains (divvun.no and divvun.org), with some local modifications and changes that are not appropriate for a more general audience. Today’s commits are the first steps into making a proper forrest skin out of it.

One of the improvements from our first, internal implementation is that it is fully self-contained - our internal version just linked to the bootstrap site, and would thus not render when working offline.

The code is based on bootstrap 3.3.6 and jquery 1.11.1.

I have only used the bootstrap and jquery downloads as is, for easy updates in the future. All modifications and changes to bootstrap have been done as css overrides in the screen.css file in the skin.

It works ok as it is now, although there are a couple of minor errors and things to improve.

To test:

1. forrest seed
2. edit forrest.properties: set the skin to fleece-dev
3. forrest run
4. open http://localhost:8888/

Enjoy!

Feedback, improvements & bug fixes welcome.

Sjur

Re: New skin fleece

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Fantastic.

Forrest indicates trouble finding the "fonts/*" files
(which are linked from the bootstrap css) and the bootstrap*.css.map

This probably needs to be handled by webapp/resources.xmap and
webapp/locationmap-skins.xml

I have tried, but run out of time - away now for a few days.

-David