Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2008/12/03 20:39:54 UTC

Re: JSR-88 Q.

Before, you spend a lot of time working on 88 related stuff.... I
heard a rumor that 88 was going to be "no longer required" in the next
JEE spec.  If true, my guess a lot of vendors will drop it (for lots
of different reasons).

-dain

Re: JSR-88 Q.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> Before, you spend a lot of time working on 88 related stuff.... I heard
> a rumor that 88 was going to be "no longer required" in the next JEE
> spec.  If true, my guess a lot of vendors will drop it (for lots of
> different reasons).
>
> -dain

Excellent! deploy-by-copy is the only thing anyone needs. What JSR-88
added to that was the ability to set some env variables above and beyond
facts hard-coded into the WAR/EAR file, which means you can actually
have WAR/EAR files that will deploy into different environments without
them implementing their own custom post-install configuration GUI (as
things like JIRA end up doing)