Posted to dev@predictionio.apache.org by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com> on 2016/08/20 16:04:28 UTC

Old Google Group and lost users

The old Google Group for PIO was fairly active but it seems all of those users have vanished. I suggest that this is bad for the project as well as the user base. One possible solution is to retract the no-posting rule and forward all posts to the user@ list address. Then questions will get answered and can contain a notice that the group is being deprecated in favor of the Apache list. You may want to mention this change on the GG so people are notified.

Again the reason I suggest this is that there is no activity on user@ where there were several posts a day on the GG. When we deprecate code we give notice and time for consumers to react. Maybe that will help here.