Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Mikhail Sosonkin <mi...@synack.com> on 2017/02/27 02:27:35 UTC

Processors for Google Cloud Platform

Hello Everyone,

SYNACK has recently started working with Google Cloud and we use NiFi to
move some of our data sets. For that, we've built processors to work with
Cloud Storage and Pubsub systems.

A processor that uploads messages to Google Cloud Platform PubSub topic:
https://github.com/synack/nifi-gcp-pubsub-publisher

A processor that reads messages from a Google Cloud Platform PubSub topic:
https://github.com/synack/nifi-gcp-pubsub-consumer

A processor that uploads files to Google Cloud Platform Cloud: Storage:
https://github.com/synack/nifi-gcp-putgcs

They are certainly works in progress, but we're running them in our
production environments inside and outside of GCP without any issues. Since
these processors have been working so well for us, I wanted to share them
with the community - just in case some one else finds them useful.

Our team is still growing and being able to do these functions as part of
NiFi, rather than building specialized widgets, has been a major boon for
us. So, thanks NIFI team!

Mike.
http://synack.com

--
This email may contain material that is confidential for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s).  Any review, reliance or distribution or

Re: Processors for Google Cloud Platform

Posted by Andre <an...@fucs.org>.
Mikhail,

The definitive source would be

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Contributor+Guide#ContributorGuide-Providingcodeordocumentationcontributions

But it is more or less:

1. Search for an existing JIRA ticket covering the work
2. If none exists, touch base with the overall dev / user community (you
did that already)
3. Open the ticket and/or ask it to be assigned to you
4. Creating a git branch of the main NiFi tree (either via git or Github
https://github.com/apache/nifi )
5. Code! Code! Code!
6. Submit a patch (JIRA) or PR (Github)
7. Action on feedback provided during the peer view of your code until it
gets ready to be merged
8. Be proud when you commit get merged (and share on twitter that your
contribution has been immortalised by the git log!!!!. :-)  )

Cheers

PS-I also noticed that although you cross posted, my reply only went to
users, so shifting it back to dev as that is a more appropriate forum.

Posted by Mikhail Sosonkin <mi...@synack.com>.
Andre,

Posted by Andre <an...@fucs.org>.
Mikhail,