Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Ingo Schmidt <an...@der-ingo.de> on 2008/04/10 13:41:49 UTC

Re: Re: sftp, include etc.

Hi!

> The change in SVN should accept the password (untested, running on blind faith)

Thanks! It does indeed accept the password now.

> That got dropped when I reorganized some files around, added it back.

Thanks again. Also works now.

> This shouldn't work, but '**/*.java' would as would '**/*.{java,xsd,bat}'.

It did use to work. I am using '**/*.xyz' mutlitple times now because that:
'**/*.{abc,def,ghi}'
has never worked for me and still does not. Are you sure it really works? I have copied&pasted it from your mail. It would be really nice if that one worked, because I would use it a lot.
An expression like this:
include("**/abc/{file1,file2,file3}.java)
is also supposed to work, right?

About including/excluding I have one more question. I have a folder "src/main/webapp/myfolder". It is only needed in production deployment, so I want to exclude it for all other builds. I did this:
mywar = package(:war)
mywar.exclude("**/myfolder")
And it does the job. But would this not exclude ANY folder called "myfolder", e.g. if there was a folder "src/main/webapp/subfolder/myfolder", would that one be excluded, too?
I have tried these:
mywar.exclude("myfolder")
mywar.exclude("/myfolder")
mywar.exclude("src/main/webapp/myfolder")
I can see why the latter won't work, but the first two I may have expected to work. So what is the way to do this properly? Maybe add an example to the docs?

> Sorry about that.

No problem. I gained experience :)

> I just proposed on buildr-dev that we do a feature freeze on 1.3 and just
> work on stability, outstanding bugs and documentations, towards a release.

Good idea. I think buildr does have quite a few nice features in its current svn state. I will keep giving feedback/reporting bugs, especially under Windows. Seems like I am one of the few using it exclusively on Windows.

Oh, and I could not find any documentation how to use settings.yaml. I tried&errored a bit and this is a working settings.yaml, that defines 2 remote repos and the upload details:

repositories:
  remote:
    - "http://myhost/repo"
    - "http://repo1.maven.org/maven2"
  release_to:
    username: "buildr"
    password: "buildr"
    url: "sftp://myhost/var/www/repo"

Maybe that could be included in the docs somewhere?

Cheers, Ingo =;->