Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/10 17:22:17 UTC

Build error on nifi-site-to-site-client

I am attempting to build master (01e42dfb) using Java 11, but getting test
failures. It builds fine with Java 8. There are two failing tests with
stack traces shown below.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Or, are there suggestions on what
might be the problem?

MacOS10.15.5
openjdk-11.0.2
Maven 3.6.3

[ERROR]
testSendSuccessHTTPS(org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient)
 Time elapsed: 0.092 s  <<< ERROR!

java.io.IOException: Failed to complete transaction with Peer[url=
https://localhost:62046/nifi-api] due to java.io.IOException: [Url=
https://localhost:62046/nifi-api, TransferDirection=SEND,
State=TRANSACTION_CONFIRMED] Failed to receive a response from Peer[url=
https://localhost:62046/nifi-api] when expecting a TransactionFinished
Indicator. It is unknown whether or not the peer successfully
received/processed the data. javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer
not authenticated

at
org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient.testSendIgnoreProxyError(TestHttpClient.java:931)

at
org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient.testSend(TestHttpClient.java:789)

at
org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient.testSendSuccessHTTPS(TestHttpClient.java:905)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: [Url=https://localhost:62046/nifi-api,
TransferDirection=SEND, State=TRANSACTION_CONFIRMED] Failed to receive a
response from Peer[url=https://localhost:62046/nifi-api] when expecting a
TransactionFinished Indicator. It is unknown whether or not the peer
successfully received/processed the data.
javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

at
org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient.testSendIgnoreProxyError(TestHttpClient.java:931)

at
org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient.testSend(TestHttpClient.java:789)

at
org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient.testSendSuccessHTTPS(TestHttpClient.java:905)

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

at
org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient.testSendIgnoreProxyError(TestHttpClient.java:931)

at
org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient.testSend(TestHttpClient.java:789)

at
org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient.testSendSuccessHTTPS(TestHttpClient.java:905)

[ERROR]
testSendLargeFileHTTPS(org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient)
 Time elapsed: 0.068 s  <<< ERROR!

java.io.IOException: Failed to complete transaction with Peer[url=
https://localhost:62046/nifi-api] due to java.io.IOException: [Url=
https://localhost:62046/nifi-api, TransferDirection=SEND,
State=TRANSACTION_CONFIRMED] Failed to receive a response from Peer[url=
https://localhost:62046/nifi-api] when expecting a TransactionFinished
Indicator. It is unknown whether or not the peer successfully
received/processed the data. javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer
not authenticated

at
org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient.testSendIgnoreProxyError(TestHttpClient.java:931)

at
org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient.testSendLargeFile(TestHttpClient.java:944)

at
org.apache.nifi.remote.client.http.TestHttpClient.testSendLargeFileHTTPS(TestHttpClient.java:1014)

Re: Build error on nifi-site-to-site-client

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.
Short answer: Java 11 build succeeded after upgrading to Java 11.0.7.

For anyone else that may find themselves in a similar situation, here are
some details. I used homebrew and jenv on MacOS to install adoptopenjdk.
Previously, I had openjdk 11.0.2 installed. I'm not sure if the root cause
was version 11.0.2 or the fact that it was OpenJDK versus AdoptOpenJDK.

Here is the process:

$ brew tap adoptopenjdk/openjdk
$ brew cask install adoptopenjdk11
$ /usr/libexec/java_home -V
Matching Java Virtual Machines (3):
    11.0.7, x86_64: "AdoptOpenJDK 11"
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-11.jdk/Contents/Home
    11.0.2, x86_64: "OpenJDK 11.0.2"
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/openjdk-11.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home
    1.8.0_241, x86_64: "Java SE 8"
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_241.jdk/Contents/Home

$ jenv add
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-11.jdk/Contents/Home
$ jenv global 11.0.7

I emptied my local maven repository and ran 'mvn clean install'
(single-threaded) to prevent any other possible issues. The build succeeded.

Thanks,
Mark

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
Hi Mark,