Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com> on 2002/06/13 11:44:12 UTC

image support (was: RE: Fop and JDK1.2 (using ant copy tasks to select implementations))

On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 11:05, Rob Smith wrote:
> Everyone who needs PNG support?

Batik has a png decoder, a png encoder, a tiff encoder and a tiff
decoder.
While we are stuck with a obselete library that we can't distribute.

If only there was a good image library that we could use and distribute.

Re: image support (was: RE: Fop and JDK1.2 (using ant copy tasks to select implementations))

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Keiron Liddle schrieb:
> On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 11:05, Rob Smith wrote:
>
>>Everyone who needs PNG support?
>

> Batik has a png decoder, a png encoder, a tiff encoder and a tiff
> decoder.

So what about using those ? (we ship batik anyway..)

> While we are stuck with a obselete library that we can't distribute.
>
> If only there was a good image library that we could use and distribute.

This sounds like nice jakarta-commons project.

Christian

Re: AW: image support

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
I'm not certain but I think we cannot distribute JAI either for license
reasons.

AW: image support (was: RE: Fop and JDK1.2 (using ant copy tasks toselect implementations))