Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Zhe Zhang <zh...@apache.org> on 2016/01/07 19:06:50 UTC

Re: Erasure coding in branch-2 [Was Re: [VOTE] Merge HDFS-7285 (erasure coding) branch to trunk]

Sorry for getting back to the thread late.

Since Ming/Daryn have not raised further concerns, I'm +0 on including EC
in 2.9. The upside is that we can perhaps position EC in 2.9 as a "beta"
feature to gain some production experiences, and graduate it from beta in
3.0. The downside is as Elliot stated, this will delay the upgrade to 2.9
for some customers.