Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Emmanuel <el...@msn.com> on 2015/05/23 22:26:32 UTC

bug? open() not getting called with RichWindowMapFunction

extending AbstractRichFunction gives access to the open function which is called at init if I understand correctly.
That works fine with RichMapFunction, but with RichWindowMapFunction which also extends AbstractRichFunction the open function never seems to get called.
I also tried extending AbstractRichFunction and implementing AbstractRichFunction but that does not help with this.. so it seems like the open function is just never called when setting up a mapWindow transform.
I'm using 0.9-milestone1
Is this a bug?Thanks

Re: bug? open() not getting called with RichWindowMapFunction

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Since Flink is a community driven open source project, there is no fixed
timeline.

But there is a thread on this mailing list discussing the next release. My
gut feeling (it depends on the community) tells me that we'll have a 0.9
release in the next one or two weeks.

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@apache.org>.
Hi,