Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Dawn <pe...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/24 11:53:19 UTC

Socket Communication

i am trying to enable socket comm in my web app. the problem is that
once i start a new socket on a port and am waiting for messages, the
page wouldnt load up any further till i have received some message.
what i am trying to do is get it to run in the background while the
app runs as usual in the backgroud. i have put the current code in
PSEngine.
any suggestions.

Re: Reading component parameters in ITemplateSourceDelegate.findTemplate()

Posted by Karl <ka...@yahoo.com>.
One more thing - when component (extending BaseComponent) without template is
found I see that my custom ITemplateSourceDelegate.findTemplate() method is
called. But when Tapestry can't find page template it just throws exception
without calling this method (page not found in namespace IIRC). According to
API:

Acts as a delegate to the {@link org.apache.tapestry.services.TemplateSource},
providing access to *PAGE* and component templates after the normal search
mechanisms have failed.

I've seen similar topics (loading templates from DB) many times - if someone
could post complete example (with Hivemind related configuration) of custom
ITemplateSourceDelegate implementation, I would be extremaly happy

TIA, Karl

Reading component parameters in ITemplateSourceDelegate.findTemplate()

Posted by Karl <ka...@yahoo.com>.
I'm trying to make custom component, which fetch its template from database.

@Component
abstract class DBTemplate extends BaseComponent
{
    // templateId is PK of stored in database template
    @Parameter
    public asbtract String getTemplateId();
}

Example:

I've made my own implementation of ITemplateSourceDelegate, and here is my
question: how can read value of templateId inside ITemplateSourceDelegate.
findTemplate() method? I need this to know which template should be loaded from
database.

Tapestry 4.0

TIA, Karl