Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Fourat Zouari <fo...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/08 11:32:39 UTC

Revision number into a file

Hello,
Am using svn for 2 years ago, implemented it in my job and we're working
with it.
I still have this problem :

Subversion is installed on a debian server from binaries, in each project,
we have a file called version, this file should include the last revision
number of the exported project, we're puting the revision number manually, i
would like to automate this task, so on each export, a hook will go and
replace a given string by the revision number.

Anyone can help ? thanks

Re: Revision number into a file

Posted by Rainer Sokoll <R....@intershop.de>.
On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 01:32:39PM +0200, Fourat Zouari wrote:

> Subversion is installed on a debian server from binaries, in each project,
> we have a file called version, this file should include the last revision
> number of the exported project, we're puting the revision number manually, i
> would like to automate this task, so on each export, a hook will go and
> replace a given string by the revision number.
>
> Anyone can help ? thanks

svnlook youngest

Rainer

Re: Revision number into a file

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 8, 2006, at 13:32, Fourat Zouari wrote:

> Subversion is installed on a debian server from binaries, in each
> project, we have a file called version, this file should include
> the last revision number of the exported project, we're puting the
> revision number manually, i would like to automate this task, so on
> each export, a hook will go and replace a given string by the
> revision number.

A good way to do this is described in the FAQ:

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#version-value-in-source