Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/26 15:23:39 UTC

Buildbots and svn-breakage@subversion.tigris.org

Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know why the buildbots are not
mailing their results to svn-breakage@subversion.tigris.org anymore?

Paul

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2353839

Re: Buildbots and svn-breakage@subversion.tigris.org

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be> wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know why the buildbots are not
>>> mailing their results to svn-breakage@subversion.tigris.org anymore?
>>
>> It could be a new email address that the breakage emails come from is
>> not subscribed to the list.  The best thing would be to create a
>> tigris account for that email address and give it a role in the
>> project and subscribe it to the list.  That would allow it to post.
>
> That can't be it, buildbot is still using the same email address as
> before. In fact, I didn't change the configuration anymore since march
> and the last bb mail I received is from May, 9th.
>
> If these emails are not received on the tigris server (in a moderation
> queue?) maybe something's wrong with the smtp server buildbot uses.
> Justin?

They are not in moderation queue.  I just opened up the list to email
from anyone (requires moderation still).  We can see if something
shows up now.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2353909

Re: Buildbots and svn-breakage@subversion.tigris.org

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Justin Erenkrantz
<je...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be> wrote:
>> If these emails are not received on the tigris server (in a moderation
>> queue?) maybe something's wrong with the smtp server buildbot uses.
>> Justin?
>
> Well, I haven't set anything up regarding an SMTP server.  *duck*

yes you did :)

> If it should use an SMTP server, then it should probably try to relay
> against smtp.ics.uci.edu; but I can't guarantee that'll work.  I
> expect that outbound port 25 is blocked from campus, so you have to
> use one of the 'allowed' relays...

Buildbot is already using stmp.ics.uci.edu, you've sent me that info
last month and it has been working for a few weeks since then.

Lieven

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2354067

Re: Buildbots and svn-breakage@subversion.tigris.org

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Justin Erenkrantz
<ju...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be> wrote:
>> If these emails are not received on the tigris server (in a moderation
>> queue?) maybe something's wrong with the smtp server buildbot uses.
>> Justin?
>
> Well, I haven't set anything up regarding an SMTP server.  *duck*
>
> If it should use an SMTP server, then it should probably try to relay
> against smtp.ics.uci.edu; but I can't guarantee that'll work.  I
> expect that outbound port 25 is blocked from campus, so you have to
> use one of the 'allowed' relays...

It appears to be fixed, so the changes to the list settings that I
made must have fixed it.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2353980

Re: Buildbots and svn-breakage@subversion.tigris.org

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be> wrote:
> If these emails are not received on the tigris server (in a moderation
> queue?) maybe something's wrong with the smtp server buildbot uses.
> Justin?

Well, I haven't set anything up regarding an SMTP server.  *duck*

If it should use an SMTP server, then it should probably try to relay
against smtp.ics.uci.edu; but I can't guarantee that'll work.  I
expect that outbound port 25 is blocked from campus, so you have to
use one of the 'allowed' relays...

HTH.  -- justin

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2353968

Re: Buildbots and svn-breakage@subversion.tigris.org