Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Aaron Boxer <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/01 18:38:51 UTC

log4j warning: No appenders could be found

Hello,

My application is using a jar file MyJar.jar that uses
log4j (I have the latest release of log4j).

I have put both MyJar.jar and log4j.jar in a directory
in my classpath. I have also put the file
"log4j.properties" into this same directory.

My log4j.properties file reads:

# Default Logging Configuration

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, stdout

#to increase logging level

#log4j.logger.org.dcm4cheri=DEBUG

#to decrease logging level

#log4j.logger.org.dcm4cheri=ERROR

log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE}
%-5p %x - %m\n

When I run the program, I get the following warning:

(org.dcm4cheri.server.ServerImpl).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system
properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aaron Boxer

Re: log4j warning: No appenders could be found

Posted by Aaron Boxer <bo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jacob,

Very perceptive; yes this was my problem.
The file was in the directory containing the jar
files, but this directory was not in the classpath.

Thanks for responding.

Aaron

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.