Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by bryan <ni...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/23 05:15:36 UTC

one for niall pemberton ( LazyBeans )

Firstly , I would post this on the users list but I think that as it's
a new feature and also something that I think will get more popular
as people use POJO's more and more in their applications so I'm
putting it here as it may encourage debate.

Secondly , I've checked out your website and while it seems very
promising I have to admit that I'm a little confused re: the best
approach to take with this.

Background:

I have made extensive use of java.util.HashMap in my data model.

The reason for this is that I intend that my web application ( the
jestate project )
will be used by customers who speak different languages.

So I would like the salespeople ( who are multi-lingual ) to add 1 to *
descriptions of the property that they add to the web site.

So if it is possible for them to add a property description in english ( en ),
french ( fr ) and russian ( ru ) they should be able to do this.

Here is the outline of my PropertyDescription pojo.
PropertyDescription
{
Long id;
String name;// not localizable
Map descriptions // eg descriptions.add("en", "a lovely house");
Map summaryDescriptions //eg summaryDescriptions.add("en", "a house");
}

Ok ... naf examples but it is very late ( 5am ) :-(

Anyhow there a lot more properties to this class, some of
which are maps, strings and booleans.

There are also about 10 other pojo's with similar attributes in my data model
( I'm using hibernate ).

Question:

What would you recomend as the best way to do what I am trying to do
here ?

Any advice appreciated

Bryan