Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Samuel Arnod-Prin <sa...@dxd2.com> on 2003/07/11 11:53:22 UTC

SMPT AUTH ... ?? I am lost...

Hello,

1.
if I set to true the AuthentificationRequired for the smtp server, it
means that all connection will need to log in first ??
So I can not use this option if I want my smtp server to receive mails
from other mail servers ?? Is it only for smtp servers that act only as
mail sender and not mail receivers ?
thanks for confirming me that ! I am maybe too tired this Friday to
understand...

2.
while handling a mail in a mailet, is there a way to know who is the
auhtenticated user ?

RE: SMPT AUTH ... ?? I am lost...

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> if I set to true the AuthentificationRequired for the smtp server, it
> means that all connection will need to log in first ??

James will return "530 Authentication Required" in response to a RCPT
command if authentication is required.

> So I can not use this option if I want my smtp server to receive mails
> from other mail servers ??

Incorrect.  You can use it.  What it means is that people who want to relay
e-mail through your server to foreign domains will need to authenticate.

> while handling a mail in a mailet, is there a way to know who is the
> auhtenticated user ?

Not in James v2.1.

	--- Noel