Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by yayati <ya...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/30 05:55:16 UTC

Problem occur in searchComponent while moving from solr3.6 to solrcloud (solr4)

Hi All,

My application has some custom search component build using solr3.6. Now i
am moving to Solrcloud and got following exception :

*org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
ZkSolrResourceLoader does not support getConfigDir() - likely, what you are
trying to do is not supported in ZooKeeper mode*

It seems searchComponent in 3.6 doesnot work for solr cloud and since
zookeeper keeps central config so that would be read. How to resolve the
same? Please reply asap.

Thanks

Re: Problem occur in searchComponent while moving from solr3.6 to solrcloud (solr4)

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
You'll need to tell us more about your custom component so that we can
make some suggestions as to how to update it to work with SolrCloud.

In particular: what exactly are you doing with the result from
getConfigDir() ? ... if you are just using it to build a path to a File
that you open to configure your component, just change it to use
"openConfig" (or "openResource")...

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_0_0/solr-core/org/apache/solr/core/SolrResourceLoader.html#openConfig%28java.lang.String%29

:
: *org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
: ZkSolrResourceLoader does not support getConfigDir() - likely, what you are
: trying to do is not supported in ZooKeeper mode*
:
: It seems searchComponent in 3.6 doesnot work for solr cloud and since
: zookeeper keeps central config so that would be read. How to resolve the
: same? Please reply asap.
:
: Thanks
:
:
:
:
: --
: Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
:

-Hoss