Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/11/16 06:43:05 UTC

Xalan-J 2.7.1 release passes regression testing

The  Xalan-J 2.7.1 release has passed its regression testing. It was tested
in fifty some combinations of hardware, operating systems and version of
the JRE, on valid combinations:

Hardware:
========
amd64
ia64
power PC
power PC 64
s390
sparc
x86

Operating System:
================
HP-UX
IBM AIX
Linux
PA_RISC2.0
SunOS
Windows 2000
Windows Server 2003
Windows XP

JRE:
====
Hewlett-Packard Company JDK 1.4.2
Hewlett-Packard Company JDK 1.5.0.02
IBM Corporation JDK 1.3.1
IBM Corporation JDK 1.4.2
IBM Corporation JDK 2.2
IBM Corporation JDK 2.3
Sun Microsystems Inc. JDK 1.4.2_06-b02
Sun Microsystems Inc. JDK 1.4.2_07-b05
Sun Microsystems Inc. JDK 1.5.0_05-b05

All testing was done with Xerces-J 2.9.0.

I want to thank Yash Talwar for running the tests. I looked at the variety
of output produced for regressions. That was more tedious than I thought it
would be. A few more tests passed than compared with Xalan-J 2.7.0, so
quality is up.

There were three regressions. Testcases position106, processorinfo03 and
select75 failed on Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
However all the failures were with JDK 1.3.1 on those operating systems,
and were not seen with 1.4.2 on the same operating systems. I extracted the
tests and code for Xalan-J 2.7.1 independently and ran on Windows 2000 with
IBM Corporation JDK 1.3.1 (build 1.3.1, J2RE 1.3.1 IBM Windows 32 build
cn131-20031021) and all of those testcases passed. My conclusion is that
this is a service issue with the version of the JDK 1.3.1 used in testing.

So given the wide range of hardware, operating systems and JRE-s that the
tests went well on, and given that the few regressions appear to be related
to the JDK service level, Xalan-J 2.7.1 has passed regression testing and
it is now on to signing the packages, putting them on the mirrors site, and
updating the website!

- Brian Minchau
Apache Xalan PMC

Re: Xalan-J 2.7.1 release passes regression testing

Posted by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com>.
Eric,
as it happens it was 2.9.0 not 2.9.1.

- Brian

             "Eric J.
             Schwarzenbach"
             <Eric.Schwarzenba                                          To
             ch@wrycan.com>            Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA,
                                       xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org,
             11/20/2007 05:57          xalan-dev@xml.apache.org

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Xalan-J 2.7.1 release passes
                                       regression testing

> All testing was done with Xerces-J 2.9.0.
Not 2.9.1?

Posted by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com>.
Eric,

Posted by "Eric J. Schwarzenbach" <Er...@wrycan.com>.