Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Narendra Sharma <na...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/01 17:36:30 UTC

Re: Cassandra 1.1.6 - New node bootstrap not completing

I was successfully able to bootstrap the node. The issue was RF > 2. Thanks
again Robert.

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Narendra Sharma <narendra.sharma@gmail.com

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 11/01/2013 03:03 PM, Robert Coli wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Narendra Sharma
> <na...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I was successfully able to bootstrap the node. The issue was RF > 2.
>> Thanks again Robert.
>>

> For the record, I'm not entirely clear why bootstrapping two nodes into the
> same range should have caused your specific bootstrap problem, but I am
> glad to hear that bootstrapping one node at a time was a usable workaround.
>
> =Rob

(A) If it can't work shouldn't a node refuse to bootstrap if it sees
another node already in that state?

(B) It would be nice if nodes in independent DCs could at least be
bootstrapped at the same time.

Re: Cassandra 1.1.6 - New node bootstrap not completing

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.