Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vijay Kumar V <vi...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/06 11:36:49 UTC

transcode() problem on Red Hat Linux Enterprise...

Hi all,

I have been using batik to generate JPEG images from SVG.

The code works fine, however, the same jar fails to work on
RedHat Linux ES 3.0 environment.

The code comes upto transcode(input, output) and
just returns without any exception.

The image file gets created, but with 0 bytes.

Please help me...

Thanks in advance,

Vijay

Re: transcode() problem on Red Hat Linux Enterprise...

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Vijay,

Vijay Kumar V wrote:

> I'm using jdk 1.4.1
> with batik 1.5

    I would upgrade at least to 1.5.1 or if you can wait for
about a week we will probably have batik 1.6 released
(assuming PMC vote continues to go w/o a problem).
Unfortunately I can't think of anything in these releases
that would cause this.

> No error message ......... just creates the file.... with 0 bytes and
> just returns.
> Same code with same svg content works on Red Hat linux 7 and windows
> environment.....

    Sorry, I'm out of ideas.  You probably need to start 'debugging'
Batik to narrow down where the failure is occurring.

> I'm not sure and coudn't find enough information about "headless" mode
> on net. Please let me know what i need to do abt this...

    Setting the java.awt.headless property is what I was
referring to.  I normally see this given on the java command line
rather than in the program but as long as it is done right at
startup I think you would be ok.

Posted by Vijay Kumar V <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

I'm using jdk 1.4.1