Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Nick Longinow <ni...@vanhooseassociates.com> on 2004/10/04 15:20:57 UTC

Root cant login with acl_inheritance = none. Dont know why ?

Hi,

I tried this one before, but wanted to ask one more time as I've had no
success in figuring it out over several intense days of debugging.

If you configure Slide/Tomcat out-of-the-box's domain.xml with
<parameter name="acl_inheritance_type">root</parameter>
then you can login with root/root at the url http://localhost:8080/slide.
Great, thats how it should be.
Now, if you change that parameter to
<parameter name="acl_inheritance_type">none</parameter>
then root/root doesn't work.
Can anyone explain what is missing in domain.xml to add the necessary
properties or other details to allow root to authenticate when no acl
inheritance is on ?
Nick