Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Alessandro Polverini <al...@nibbles.it> on 2005/01/20 10:20:55 UTC

Re: Strange problem with dataTable and checkboxes

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 09:27 +0530, Sunil Tiwari wrote:
> Hi,
> I have also faced the same problem.
> if the scope of the bean is request then the data is lost.
> But i can get the values of checkbox correctly. This is because i m getting
> the value of checkbox by calling getValue method of checkbox component.
> on the other hand, the rows are empty as the data is fetched from the
> database.
> i think the bean is refreshed if the scope is request.
> So, i used getSessionScope.remove() method to remove the bean once i am done
> with the particular page.
> you could also try session scope and then remove the bean.

Thanks for the suggestion but for now I solved the problem using a
x:saveState on the list (maybe your solution is better because my way
could be less efficient having to serialize the datas).

The problem I want to understand is if that is the intended behaviour (I
hope not) or a bug, and hence open it on Jira.

I crosspost on -dev since I see not much activity today ;)

I hope someone with deeper understanding can give an advice on that.

Thanks for the reply,
Alex

Posted by Sunil Tiwari <su...@tatainfotech.com>.
Hi,
I deployed the myfaces-examples.war file successfully on tomcat but i am not
able to deploy it on websphere.
I have a JSF portlet on websphere which requires file upload functionality
but this is not supported by current jsf version(from sun).
Do you know how to use the myfaces jar files within JSF portlet to provide
file upload?
Please tell in detail the steps required to achieve this.

Thanx,
Sunil