Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/03/17 03:14:50 UTC

Re: CVS Layout (was Re: Axis Build System - Possible conversion to Maven)

As much as I currently dislike the current directory structure, I really
dislike the idea of moving too much stuff around while we're still in the
1.x workstream.  Personally, I'd love the code to be easier to work with
in Eclipse... but... can we please just leave well enough alone for now?
The directory structure really isn't that complex... it's just messy.
Changing everything around at this point in the game will just cause more
confusion than it's worth.

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (877) 511-5082 (voice/fax)   ** NEW NUMBER **
     (700) 930-1979 (t/l)                ** NEW NUMBER **
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>
Sent by: news <ne...@main.gmane.org>
03/16/2003 09:38 PM
Please respond to axis-dev

axis-dev@xml.apache.org
cc

bcc

Subject

Steve Loughran wrote:
> [...]
If
>>>CVS could move directories and files without losing history, we'd have
>>>done it.
>>
>>I believe it can be done on the server by just moving the dirs
>>appropriately by someone with sufficient karma?
>

> yeah, but then it screws up building the *old* versions

All build issues aside, this is sort of a pain.  Maybe an archived CVS
repository could be made?  For example we would have "xml-axis" which is
HEAD
and then "xml-axis-pre1.2" which is everything up to the start of 1.2?
Then in
the HEAD version you could move the tests into an acutal testing
directory? Not
ideal, but then neither is having test packages part of the "src"
directory.

Just an idea,

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
http://junktoast.com

Re: CVS Layout (was Re: Axis Build System - Possible conversion to Maven)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
+1 to let things as-is for now.

=====

http://webhosting.yahoo.com