Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/02/01 16:28:35 UTC

Edgent provider for batch reads? (was: Eggent provider for batch reads?

Ups ... Edgent .. I hate it when my computer thinks it's smarter than me :-/

Am 01.02.18, 17:26 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Hi all and hopefully Dale,

    I have spent quite some time travelling and talking to people in the industry in the past few weeks. The interest in our Project and Apache Edgent is huge.

    Now the use-case that I was asked about most, is to read multiple values in one request and to push that to somewhere (Usually Kafka or Elastic). Well guess they see PLC4X as a replacement for what they do now, guess it will take some time till they come up with more challenging requests ;-)

    Right now the Edgent integration supports reading of single addresses. How would this look if we wanted to allow reading of a set of different addresses? Guess the result would probably be some sort of map-stream … do you have any idea how this should look like?

    If you had some time (maybe some a bad weather day down in Florida … or the Ultra Music festival is so loud that you don’t want to leave your house ;-) ) where you could give this feature a thought or two?

    Chris