Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by fma-001 <fm...@xt-ag.com> on 2007/07/03 14:36:18 UTC

validating XSL-FO

Hi !

I am searching for a way to validate XSL-FO (an auto-completion would be
nice as well). I tried with Altova XMLSpy, but it only provides an
auto-completion, but cannot validate XSL-FO. The same I tried with eclipse
with a similar result: it can validate and auto-complete XSL, but not FO!

I tried validating with the fo.dtd from renderx:
http://www.renderx.com/tools/validators.html

Does anyone have an idea how I can validate (and have auto-completion) an
XSL-FO file?

Thanks in advance!
Franz

Re: validating XSL-FO

Posted by Jerry Sheehan <ge...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Franz,

  When you run the XSL-FO through the free Apache FOP engine which can be downloaded and plugged into XMLSpy, the validation is done on the transform by the engine itself.

  http://www.altova.com/components_processors.html

  After downloading and installing FOP, you must set the path to the FOP batch file in the XSL tab of the Options dialog (Tools | Options).
  http://www.altova.com/manual2007/XMLSpy/spyprofessional/index.html?xsl.htm

  No need to download another editor. Also, there is an Eclipse PLug-In available for XMLSpy.

  http://www.altova.com/components_eclipse.html
  Jerry

Kai Hackemesser <ka...@gmx.de> wrote:
  I use OxygenXML (as Eclipse plugin) for this and it's working well.

Ciao!
Kai

fma-001 schrieb:
> Hi !
>
> I am searching for a way to validate XSL-FO (an auto-completion would be
> nice as well). I tried with Altova XMLSpy, but it only provides an
> auto-completion, but cannot validate XSL-FO. The same I tried with eclipse
> with a similar result: it can validate and auto-complete XSL, but not FO!
>
> I tried validating with the fo.dtd from renderx:
> http://www.renderx.com/tools/validators.html
>
> Does anyone have an idea how I can validate (and have auto-completion) an
> XSL-FO file?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Franz

Never miss an email again!