Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "George, Boby" <bo...@fmr.com> on 2010/01/18 10:43:25 UTC

Unable to read mail using pop3

Hi,

i have installed jams server recently and created a user in that.I am
able to send mail successfully. But when i try to read mail for that
user using POP3 i am running into issues.
The user's mail folder is in a folder named 'inboxes' . But if i give
the folder name anything other than INBOX an error is thrown.The error
looks like the
following
"

javax.mail.MessagingException: only INBOX supported

"
I am really struggling to read the mail for the user.Help me if some one
had faced the same before

Thanks and Regards,

Boby George

Fidelity Business Services India Pvt. Ltd.,
GKS Technologies Park, 1/24, Shivaji Garden, Manapakkam,
Chennai 600089
India.

Important:  This e-mail, including any attachment(s) hereto, is intended
only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It may
contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information or attorney
work product belonging to Fidelity Business Services India Pvt. Ltd.
(FBS India) or its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, or if you have otherwise received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify the sender via return e-mail and permanently
delete the original mail, any print outs and any copies, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution, alteration or copying of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited. The originator of this e-mail does
not guarantee the security of this message and will not be responsible
for any damages arising from any dissemination, distribution, alteration
or copying of this message and/or any attachments to this message by a
third party or as a result of any virus being passed on. Any comments or
statements made in this are not necessarily those of FBS India or any
other Fidelity entity. All e-mails sent from or to FBS India may be
subject to our monitoring and recording procedures.

Re: Unable to read mail using pop3

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
In pop3 there are no folders.
If you simply use basic james configuration then you will be able to
check email simply using the username/password of the user you added
to james via remote manager. For the pop3 url you can leave "INBOX" as
it is the only folder allowed for POP3.

Stefano

AW: Unable to read mail using pop3

Posted by Mario Zsilak <ma...@inew-cs.com>.
Hi,

What I can see from your explanation and the error I guess that only the
name "INBOX" is currently supported in james. So it's the best to leave the
name.

But anyway, this is more or less a different issue. What happens if you try
to read mails from your INBOX?

Kind regards,
Mario

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Just some info.. This is "fixed" in trunk (usernames with @ only work
with virtualhosting enabled)

Bye,
Norman

Posted by "George, Boby" <bo...@fmr.com>.
 Yes....

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by "George, Boby" <bo...@fmr.com>.
   Hi,

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by "George, Boby" <bo...@fmr.com>.
 When I start the james server I see the following in the console..I see the last line in the console as FetchMail Disables..
 Is that the problem...?

Using PHOENIX_HOME:   P:\POC\james-2.3.2
Using PHOENIX_TMPDIR: P:\POC\james-2.3.2\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:      C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11

Phoenix 4.2

James Mail Server 2.3.2
Remote Manager Service started plain:4555
POP3 Service started plain:110
SMTP Service started plain:25
NNTP Service started plain:119
FetchMail Disabled