Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2012/06/28 16:48:55 UTC

[IMPORTANT][Call for UX review] [Windows 8 certification]Test for "Section 11 Apps must support multi-user sessions" is not tested by Windows App Certification Kit

Hi,

sorry for my top posting but I think this is very urgent and important.
When we want to integrate this in 3.4.1 we have to do it immediately,
means by the end of this week.

The warning messages have to translated!!!

Any opinions

Juergen

Re: [IMPORTANT][Call for UX review] [Windows 8 certification]Test for "Section 11 Apps must support multi-user sessions" is not tested by Windows App Certification Kit

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 02/07/2012 Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> In the worst
> case we have the English string only.

Since it's only one string, and displayed in uncommon circumstances, it
won't be a huge issue if it's only available in English. But if it is
available in Pootle we can surely translate it into Italian.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 7/2/12 9:58 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 09:30:05AM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>>
>>> aren't we in "string freeze" mode? Translation deadline is by end of
>>> June (this Sunday); and deadline is for fixing current strings, not
>>> introducing new ones.
>>
>> your are correct but this new warning box is related to the ongoing
>> Windows 8 discussion and is part of a fix for one of the 5 critical
>> issues. So it can be seen as an exception.
>>
>> But if you have serious concerns please let us know and we can try to
>> solve it in time or we can drop it completely for 3.4.1.
>
> I don't do translations, so for me it's fine; but we should obviously
> query before adding a new string if we have translators available to
> translate the string for all the languages we are delivering; I doubt
> translators are following this thread (I wasn't reading it myself, just
> payed attention to this line with the new translation on a day with
> "few" mail ;) ).

good point but I think we have to do it special anyway. In the worst

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Jürgen,

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 09:30:05AM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

> > aren't we in "string freeze" mode? Translation deadline is by end of
> > June (this Sunday); and deadline is for fixing current strings, not
> > introducing new ones.
>
> your are correct but this new warning box is related to the ongoing
> Windows 8 discussion and is part of a fix for one of the 5 critical
> issues. So it can be seen as an exception.
>
> But if you have serious concerns please let us know and we can try to
> solve it in time or we can drop it completely for 3.4.1.

I don't do translations, so for me it's fine; but we should obviously
query before adding a new string if we have translators available to
translate the string for all the languages we are delivering; I doubt
translators are following this thread (I wasn't reading it myself, just
payed attention to this line with the new translation on a day with
"few" mail ;) ).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Posted by Lin Yuan <yu...@gmail.com>.
I have updated the patch and remove the ""Fatal Error" string on warning
dialog title.  Can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/attachment.cgi?id=78532
About the warning message, I suggest keep original string but not add
"Opening this instance could result in ?????". Now open the instance could
result in crash. I don't think we need to tell user about this. It's just a
feature that AOO do not support.

Thanks,
Lin Yuan

Posted by 晓利 段 <il...@yahoo.com.cn>.

--- 12年6月30日,周六, zhangjf <zh...@apache.org> 写道:

发件人: zhangjf <zh...@apache.org>
主题: Re: [IMPORTANT][Call for UX review] [Windows 8 certification]Test for "Section 11 Apps must support multi-user sessions" is not tested by Windows App Certification Kit
收件人: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org, dennis.hamilton@acm.org
日期: 2012年6月30日,周六,上午8:50

Posted by zhangjf <zh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM, zhangjf <zh...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> If there is no more concerns in 4 hours from now, I will commit this
>>> string patch to 3.4.1 at first.
>
> aren't we in "string freeze" mode? Translation deadline is by end of
> June (this Sunday); and deadline is for fixing current strings, not
> introducing new ones.

your are correct but this new warning box is related to the ongoing
Windows 8 discussion and is part of a fix for one of the 5 critical
issues. So it can be seen as an exception.

But if you have serious concerns please let us know and we can try to
solve it in time or we can drop it completely for 3.4.1.

I am in favor to have all the critical issues fixed and be prepared for
everything.

Juergen

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by zhangjf <zh...@apache.org>.
Since no further comments, I have committed the string patch to
AOO3.4.1 by revision r1355344 at first.  The code part is still open
for review.

Regards,
Zhangjf

Posted by zhangjf <zh...@apache.org>.