Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Duane Morse <dm...@eldocomp.com> on 2000/12/20 00:17:13 UTC

RE: IllegalStateException: Short Read while trying to do forward( )

This is probably the same error I reported a couple of weeks ago, though in
my case
the error was occurring before the servlet container tried compiling a JSP.
My servlet
already processed the POST data, but the servlet container tried to re-read
the data
in preparation to hand the request to the JSP, and there was, of course,
nothing to read.
This is a fundamental problem (since doing the same thing with a GET works),
and I've
not received a response.  I don't have this problem using Allaire's JRun.