Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by miha <mi...@jabolko.si> on 2002/07/09 12:43:04 UTC

sources, help?!

FAQ on site (http://subversion.tigris.org/project_faq.html )
metnions that svn can be installed on mac os x.

im supposed to find more information  trough the link
(http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/PORTING).

i followed the link and i am able to find this lines...

"Mac OS X 10.1.2:
      Client:     Build OK
      Filesystem: ?
      Last Check: 15 Feb 2002, revision 1302
      Testers:    Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>,
                  Max Horn <ma...@quendi.de>
      Notes:
      -- Garrett says: "you have to give it --disable-shared or it
         errors out while building neon".  Benjamin Reed followed up, see

http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=59618&listName=dev
         offering a Neon fix; then Joe Orton followed up saying that
         latest libtool may take care of this for us, see

http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=59622&listName=dev
      -- These comments from Brian Fitzpatrick <fi...@apple.com> regarding
         some older builds may also still apply:
           + haven't tried to build apr with dso enabled.
           + haven't gotten around to building the svn server either.
           + needs autoconf 2.52 (get from GNU)
           + needs libtool 1.4.2 (get from Darwin CVS repository)"

im still not anywhere near the sources, i would like to install
svn on my mac os x machine.

could anyone explain in simple words how to get me started, pwease?!

m.

Re: sources, help?!

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
miha <mi...@jabolko.si> writes:

> im still not anywhere near the sources, i would like to install svn on
> my mac os x machine.
>
> could anyone explain in simple words how to get me started, pwease?!

Yes.  Mac OS X isn't any more special than any other Unix platform.

Download the source tarball from the "file sharing" link on the
website.

Read the INSTALL instructions in the tree, which describe how to
bootstrap.  (./configure; make;  then use the binary to check out the
latest source, and compile that.)

Re: sources, help?!

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
miha <mi...@jabolko.si> writes:

> could anyone explain in simple words how to get me started, pwease?!

Instructions are at http://subversion.tigris.org/project_source.html

Did you fail to find them, or did you not understand them?

--
Philip

Re: sources, help?!

Posted by William Uther <wi...@cs.cmu.edu>.
On 9/7/02 8:43 AM, "miha" <mi...@jabolko.si> wrote:

> FAQ on site (http://subversion.tigris.org/project_faq.html )
> metnions that svn can be installed on mac os x.

You can just follow the instructions in the 'INSTALL' document.

The easiest way I've found to get Berkeley DB on Mac OS X is to install the
'fink' package manager.  Get fink from: http://fink.sourceforge.net/

Then use fink to install Berkeley DB:

% fink install db4

When building my svn binaries (I build without the server - just the local
version), I use the following configure incantation

./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --disable-shared --with-dbm=db4
--with-berkeley-db=/sw/include/db4:/sw/lib

Enjoy,

\x/ill       :-}