Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ben Pope <be...@REMOVE_MEhotmail.com> on 2005/03/05 00:38:49 UTC

2.1.7-Dev - Commit 156144 - Borked, or am I mad?

Hi guys,

Am I going mad, or did this break some of my stuff?

It seems as though some of my forms are being cached now, and the change is
to do with removing stuff from the cache...

If this isn't the case, I apologise for pointing fingers, but I'm sure it
worked a couple of days ago.  I updated today, recompiled and it stopped
working, reverted back and it works again.

Anybody else seeing this behaviour?

I restarted Jetty a couple of times, but it was definitely displaying data
that was no longer in the data file!  And none of my pages seem to change
when I feed in a different parameter.  I still get the same continuation id
embedded in the page.  Even accessed it from a different browser, one that
has never visited said page.

Ben

RE: 2.1.7-Dev - Commit 156144 - Borked, or am I mad?

Posted by Ben Pope <be...@REMOVE_MEhotmail.com>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> It's really a bad idea to put your work in build/webapp,
> event if it looks like a convenient place at first.

Yes, I've learnt my lesson :-)

Most of what I didn't have a backup of was open in an editor, I think I lost
one file... To do with XMLHTTP, which I got from the xhr_carselector sample,
anyway.  So just a little bit of client side javascript for populating a row
is missing, and a few very small transformations, which won't take too long.
I think it'll all be ok - last night it was the end of the world though!

> You should take a look at mount-table.xml.sample in the main
> Cocoon directory and read the instructions there: it allows
> to mount directories at arbitrary locations in your
> build/webapp, thus avoiding accidental deletion by a "build clean".

Thanks for the heads up - I'll do that now.  I did wonder where the option
to do this was when I first started using cocoon, but only for about 10
seconds, then I just placed it in the webapp directory.

This will allow much better organisation of my life.

Cheers, and keep up the good work, certain previous conversations on here
have been very interesting and I look forward to their fruition.

On a completely unrelated note :-p I'm gonna try some of your eclipse
plugins.

Ben Pope

Re: 2.1.7-Dev - Commit 156144 - Borked, or am I mad?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Ben Pope wrote:

>I think I'm mad, so ignore me.
>
>Bit difficult to tell now, didn't realise a build clean just deleted the
>webapp directory.
>
>Shame really, as my work was there.

It's really a bad idea to put your work in build/webapp, event if it
looks like a convenient place at first.

You should take a look at mount-table.xml.sample in the main Cocoon
directory and read the instructions there: it allows to mount
directories at arbitrary locations in your build/webapp, thus avoiding
accidental deletion by a "build clean".

Sylvain

RE: 2.1.7-Dev - Commit 156144 - Borked, or am I mad?

Posted by Ben Pope <be...@REMOVE_MEhotmail.com>.
I think I'm mad, so ignore me.